Patterned Paper... I find it lovely but usually prefer to make my own backgrounds using stamps... So this is more challenging for me than some of the other challenges...
Here is my first attempt:
- Cut card from brown cardstock 11" x 5 1/2". Fold in half and score.
- Cut patterned paper to 5 1/4" x 5 1/4".
- Cut pink square at 5 1/4" x 5 1/4" . Emboss all the way around. I then trimmed it down to the edges of the embossing. When I embossed I lined up the edge of the folder with the edge of my paper.
- Using sponge inked with brown dye ink smear ink on the embossing and edge the pink cardstock with brown dye ink.
- Using the nestabilities circle scallops cut a light pink circle with the largest die and a brown circle with the next largest die. Sponge brown ink around the edges of the pink scalloped circle.
- Cut 3 3/4 x 3 3/4" square from brown cardstock and 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" square from maroon cardstock.
- Cut a 3" diameter circle from glossy cardstock.
- Ink up the stamp with the versacolor opera pink all over the stamp. Ink up the stamp lightly on edges with brown inks and on the birds.
- Stamp image on the glossy cardstock circle.
- Clear Emboss the stamped images.
- Sponge light pink in across the glossy cardstock. Sponge wild plum ink around the edges. Spong the edges with brown ink.
- Color pearls with brown sharpie permanent ink. Affix to the centers of the flowers.
- Mount all pieces and tie bow across the inner squares.
- Memento - Rich Cocoa Dye Ink
- Versacolor - Opera Pink
- Adirondack Brights - Wild Plum
- Crystal Stickers - Pearls
- Sharpie Permanent Marker - Brown
- Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Just my Type
- BasicGrey Paper - Figgy Pudding - Pepperberry
- Spellbinders Nestabilities - Scallop Circles
- Hero Arts - K4892 CardArt Decorative Birds
- Michaels Ribbon
- Versamark Watermark
- JoAnn's Clear Embossing Powder
Thanks for visiting...